REFUND, EXCHANGES AND CHANGE OF MIND
LuMu Studio DOES NOT REFUND items for change of mind. LuMu Studio will provide an EXCHANGE OR STORE CREDIT within 14 days of purchase for goods returned with proof of purchase in their original condition and/or packaging. We recommend you choose your items carefully and consider measurements and dimensions before purchasing items in store and online.
All custom orders are final. LuMu Studio WILL NOT REFUND OR PROVIDE AN EXCHANGE for any custom order. When placing a custom order, 50% deposit is required to proceed with the order. The balance of payment is required prior to delivery of your custom order.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for major product defects. If the defects are minor, you are also entitled to have the goods repaired by us. All claims regarding defects or damages must be made in writing within 7 days of purchasing the product in store or 14 days if the product was couriered. You must also provide your proof of purchase. Claims with no proof of purchase will not be considered for repair or replacement.
GOODS DAMAGED IN TRANSITLuMu Studio will repair or replace items that are damaged in transit only if the delivery was carried out by a LuMu Studio approved courier. Refunds will only be given if the item cannot be repaired or replaced.
DELIVERY, POSTAGE AND INSTALLATION FEES
All our pieces are packaged with care. However, in the unlikely event that an item is damaged or broken in transit, please contact us immediately and we will arrange for the damaged piece to be picked up and a replacement delivered to you immediately at no additional cost. We reserve the right to request photos of the broken goods as proof damage.
No credit or refund will be given for delivery, postage of installation fees when returns are due to change of mind.
NATURAL PRODUCTS (ARTWORKS, FURNITURE & DECORATIVE ITEMS)
Natural products (including but not limited to, cuttlefish bone, palm husk/frond, vine wreaths, timber products, coral, bone and feathers) respond to temperature and humidity variations by expanding and contracting. Sometimes these changes may be noticeable in the physical appearance of the product. Your items can experience small movements and cracks as it adjusts - this is not a fault, but a natural occurrence within the fibres of a natural product. Although every care is taken to ensure our products are able to handle environmental changes, the conditions of your home can affect natural products purchased from LuMu Interiors. Please DO NOT place natural items outdoors or in areas prone to temperature and humidity fluctuations.
*Please note all natural artworks, furniture and decorative items carry a 12 month structural warranty*
TIMBER PRODUCTS AND TIMBER FURNITURE
Please note that timber is a natural, living material. Cracks, holes and imperfections are a natural part of the timber and are not a fault or flaw of the piece, rather, it is a unique and beautiful characteristic of each piece. The care of wood furniture varies according to the wood type and finish, and the function of the piece.All our timber products are intended for INDOOR use only unless otherwise specified. Timber products tend to expand and contract over time with varied humidity and environmental conditions and you may notice cracks appear and subside overtime. Timber, however, is a natural product and existing fluids and moisture can sometimes continue to leech through the base of each piece over time. We DO NOT recommend placing these items directly onto carpet or rugs. A protective liner must be used if placing timber pieces onto carpet or rugs where limited airflow exists. To minimise movement or cracking, solid furniture should not be placed outside (unless the item is specified for outdoor use), in direct sunlight, or in heavily air-conditioned or climate controlled areas.General Timber Care• To dust, we recommend using a microfiber cloth for wood furniture, as this will not damage the surface.
• For deeper cleaning, wipe the surface of your timber with a damp cloth, then dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent spotting.
• The surface of your furniture should not come in contact with hot and/or moist/wet containers/materials. We always recommend using coasters, place mats, tablecloths and table runners to protect furniture surfaces from heat and stains. Take extra care to protect your surfaces from candles and heated objects. Please use protective layers between the surface and decorative items to avoid discolouration and scratching.
• If you choose to polish your furniture with a product/solvent, you should always try it out first on a small, inconspicuous area to trial how your timber will react.
• All these pieces have been finished in a 2-pack polyurethane satin finish (white or black) and have a protective waterproofed base with feet/casters applied.
• To prevent permanent discolouration, do not leave objects in the same position on the furniture over long periods of time.
CUSTOM MADE CURTAINS, BLINDS, SHUTTERS AND FURNITURE
• Our quotations are for the supply of curtains, blinds, shutters, and custom made furnishings, with or without installation, or other goods as specified on the quotation. The quotation does not include other work unless specified in a signed agreement.
• Upon receipt of the purchaser’s acceptance of the quote, LuMu Studio reserves the right to review before commencement
• Any date fixed for completion of any work by LuMu Studio is fixed in light of the circumstances existing at the date of the quotation. LuMu Studio will not be responsible for delays in completion or failure to complete such work caused by circumstances for which LuMu Studio is not responsible or has no control over. i.e. transport strikes, industrial disputes, manufacturing delays, etc.
• Any statement or agreement by LuMu Studio is contingent on its liability to secure goods and/or material for the manufacture or supply of an order.
• An order or quotation is given on the basis that all work is carried out during normal working hours unless otherwise arranged or quoted for
• The prices quoted in any quotation are valid for 14 days unless otherwise agreed to in writing by LuMu Studio
• Payment of the deposit indicates acceptance of the order (including all measurements, fabric choices, and any other specification from LuMu Studio) and commencement of production. An order cannot be cancelled or changed once it has entered production. This is considered a custom order and no refunds will be given for change of mind or cancellation of order.
• LuMu Studio accepts no responsibility for changes in length, shrinkage, or dropping of material. LuMu Studio shall not be liable in any way for loss or damage as a consequence thereof. Any alterations under these circumstances will incur a charge
• Variations of shade can occur in the manufacture of different materials. LuMu Studio will take every care to obtain the best effect but cannot assume responsibility for variations in colour or grain structure.
• Any invoice or quotation is subject to corrections for clerical or mathematical errors.
• LuMu Studio does not accept responsibility for errors in a customer’s own measurements
• LuMu Studio reserves the right prior to delivery and installation to require from the purchaser: Payment of a deposit of 50% will be required to start production and payment of a balance prior to the day of installation
• Payment of account - Interest may be charged on overdue accounts at the overdraft interest rate charged by our bank from time to time. In addition, any collection charges, legal expenses, and commissions incurred in attempting to recover payment shall be payable by the customer.
• Title of goods does not pass until the account has been fully paid
• The warranty on all products shall be 2 years (against faulty manufacture or installation), unless otherwise agreed in writing by LuMu Studio.
• Customers are responsible for the removal of any existing window treatments or furnishings, should removal be required to install new treatments. A charge may apply if our fitter needs to remove existing window treatments.
• All blinds are made “square” and no responsibility can be taken for “out of square” windows.
• LuMu Studio does not accept responsibility for neglect or misuse of installed or manufactured products
• Poor fitting surfaces are the responsibility of the client and as such LuMu Studio cannot accept liability for any damage
• Warranty does not apply to damage caused by dry cleaning, washing, or fading thereof
• Warranty claims can only be made by the original purchaser of the product as listed on the invoice, and only once the invoice has been paid
• Blinds under 600mm do not always track properly and won’t be covered by warranty
• Products exceeding our recommended dimensions (e.g. oversized blinds) may not hang flat and may pucker along the bottom rail or form a ‘V’ shape. As such, oversized blinds will not be covered by these warranty terms.
• A $50.00 Service Call fee will apply if LuMu Studio attend the home and the issue is not covered under warranty or is out of warranty.